Thursday 13 September 2012

Sheena Douglass New Stamps # Day 4

 
Hi everyone, this is the last day I have to show you my samples from the Sheena Douglass new Sketchy Stamps Range that are on Create and Create TV tomorrow, the 14th with three shows. The first starts at 11am. Some real bargains to be had!
My first sample is a PanPastel Tag with the pretty Cottage image that I painted using Distress Stains. Easy and fun to make. I layered the colour from the Pans onto White linen card stock to give the Tag a 'textured' look and used my normal white gel Pen to add the 'Snow'.

My Snowman card has a Distress Inks background. A super smooth application with the help of my SplodgeAway Mat!
I dropped some water over the layer of ink to get some texture. Used some sequin waste as a stencil to apply more ink for added interest, then stamped the Snowman and Village image and highlighted him with bleach.
Out came some white acrylic paint, a small bottle-top and an old, expired, plastic RSBP membership card!
The bottle top and card were both dipped / swiped in the paint and sort of dabbed here and there over my picture!  Oooo messy but so satisfying!
Then its matting and laying after adding the Sentiment words from the same stamp set.
My Snowman Tag has a Distress inks background, a few holes made with my big-bite and I decoupaged the Snowman after stamping him onto the Tag and then again onto white card. After cutting him out I added some glitter. This Tag was fun to do and so quick!
All done now.  Please watch the show if you can. Sheena is a superb stamper with great techniques to share.
Cheers for looking today and thank you so much for the e-mails and comments.
See you soon and many thanks also to my NEW followers for joining, commenting and taking an interest in my work X
Eileen xx