Monday 22 April 2013

'That Special Touch of ...... Mask' Distress inks and More !


Hi ya bloggers... phew! what a brilliant weekend I've had.
F1 Grand Prix, The Allhallows Crop (made this card there) and my stepdaughter, Andrea, ran and finished the London Marathon! 
We could not be there but we tracked her progress all the way on the net and we are so proud. She lost her mum to cancer last year and is raising funds, £5.500 so far, for the Weald of Kent Hospice who were and still are magnificent with total support during very dark days for her and the family.

Okay, this card was made using a 'That Special Touch of ...Mask' from Clevercut UK . I masked off bits of the mask and stuck it down with very lo tac masking tape. Then using Wild Honey, Crushed Olive and a touch of Fired Brick distress inks and foam pads, I coloured the image through the mask.


I removed the mask and dried the inks with a heat gun.  After cleaning the mask I attached it back into place and taped it firmly down again.
I applied Translucent Paste from Sweet Poppy Stencils  and after very carefully removing the mask, I covered the image with clear Micro Beads that are also available in a large pot from Sweet Poppy Stencils
I plonked the mask back into water and then waited WITHOUT TOUCHING for the paste medium to dry and go clear .. this took several hours for the colours to show as brightly as they do...... I was a good girl! Mat and layer on to card stock and I added a Rub On word.
I'm so pleased with the result I'm going to do some more. 
Thank you for your visit to my blog today.
Back soon
Eileen xx